- Contracting Positions
- Professional Training
- Administrative Experience
- College Teaching Experience
- Create hand-coded HTML content in order to meet the needs of clients.
- Simultaneously manage multiple client requests in order to meet deadlines.
- Convert mockups into web pages. View examples:
- Build mobile landing pages according to UX specifications. View examples:
- Modify web graphics.
- Develop and publish content for Documentum CMS.
- Push completed content through complex preview, QA, and production environments.
Andrew Altman Web Design, February 2000 to the Present
Freelance Web Design business creating sites both solely and in collaboration with graphic artists for clients including:
- Handyman, painter, and graphic artist Tony Mazzola: www.tonymazzola.com
- Professional writer KJ Kabza: www.kjkabza.com
- Community art project the Red Thread Project®: www.theredthreadproject.com
- Law firm Keith W. Michon, P.C.: www.keithmichonpc.com
- Cabaret performer Bobbi Carrey: www.bobbicarrey.com
- Cabaret duo Ben & Brad: www.benandbrad.com
Web Content, Analog Devices, November 2004 to November 2010
Web Site for a company that designs and manufactures high performance electronic circuits: www.analog.com
- Created hand-coded HTML documents in order to meet the needs of the clients.
- Created and modified web graphics.
- Pushed completed documents through complex development, staging, and production environments.
- Simultaneously managed multiple client requests in order to meet deadlines.
- Converted PDFs into interactive web pages.
- Developed HTML emails and templates from marketing communications storyboards.
- Developed international translations of HTML documents.
- Published content via Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (VSS).
- Facilitated transfer of static content into Interwoven TeamSite CMS during 2008 site redesign.
- Facilitated implementation of new site appearance during 2009 site redesign.
- Developed and published content for Interwoven TeamSite CMS.
- Developed and published content for SharePoint portal housing corporate intranet.
- Developed training materials explaining corporate web procedures.
- Performed QA testing in dev and staging environments.
Webmaster, The Launch Company, January 2000 to February 2002
Web Site for a Public Relations firm.
- Maintained, modified, and expanded upon Web Site.
- Analyzed Client requirements to gather specifications to foster the quick development of Web Site.
- Created HTML documents to meet the needs of the Clients.
- Tested and debugged completed documents to ensure that proper web page follow, graphics integration, and content updates occurred correctly.
- Published (pushed) Client-approved documents to NT server to allow general access by Internet users.
- Used Photoshop to perform graphics creation and modification.
Webmaster, Fidelity Investments, June 2001 to August 2001
- Contracted by Fidelity to oversee the work being performed by external vendor on the redesign of Fidelity's Charitable Gift Fund static web site: www.fidelitycharitable.org
- Performed System and User integrated testing to validate the newly redesigned web site code supplied by external vendor.
- Aided the JAVA development team with the redesign of NetDynamics-generated HTML to adhere to the new look and feel implemented at www.fidelitycharitable.org
Certificate: Web Designer Program, Boston University, Computer Career Programs, 1999
- Designed, analyzed, and developed site for a Restaurant, located at: www.andrewaltman.com/restaurant
- Designed, analyzed, and developed a Web Site for a cat shelter, located at: www.andrewaltman.com/catshelter
- Analyzed user requirements and where needed, added to business specifications provided.
- Developed functional specifications for systems based upon analysis and needs.
- Tested and debugged both completed Web Sites.
- Published (pushed) both completed Web sites to Internet Information Server and later to Unix server.
- Nominated to receive the S1 Corporation Student Achievement Award
Sales Assistant, Unum (formerly UnumProvident), 1998 to 1999
- Interfaced with group disability insurance sales representatives.
- Negotiated with underwriters on insurance rates and standards.
- Developed training materials for new employees.
- Analyzed spreadsheets containing underwriting and census data.
- Calculated long term and short term disability and life insurance quotes.
- Designed effective sales documents using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analyzed and maintained ACT! Database of sales contacts.
Teaching Fellow/Adjunct Professor, Boston Area Colleges, 1990 to 1998
Served as instructor at Boston College, Mt. Ida College, and Newbury College.
- Developed, planned, and taught undergraduate courses in European and world history from prehistory to 1500 and 1500 to the present.
- Researched literature and history materials in order to effectively present information.
- Created lecture materials and examinations used by undergraduates.
- Facilitated weekly discussion groups of course materials.
- Analyzed, proofread, corrected, and evaluated student essays and examinations.
- Trained students in writing and research techniques.
- Consistently received excellent student and faculty evaluations.
Ph.D., Boston College, Modern British History
Dissertation: "Motoring for the Million?: Cars and Class in pre-1952 Britain"
Passed doctoral comprehensive exams with distinction.
M.A., Lancaster University (U.K.), Modern British Social History
Dissertation: "The D.C. Thomson Papers: School Stories for the Inter-War Generation"
B.A., Northwestern University, Modern European History